Tomato Ricotta Toast
- Small Bowl
- ¼ cup of ricotta
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 Slice of sourdough toast
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves chiffonade
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, lemon zest, black pepper and salt.
- Toast both sides of sourdough bread in a pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil until golden brown, and set aside.
- Add more olive oil if necessary, and saute garlic slices until aromatic and slightly golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes begin to soften and burst.
- Add basil leaves and remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble by first smearing ricotta on toast and then layering tomatoes on top.
- Finish with more lemon zest, flake salt and some extra virgin olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!