Blackberry White Chocolate Blondies
Makes 1 8×8 pan
- 8×8 baking dish
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 1 ½ sticks 6 oz unsalted butter browned
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour plus more for dusting the berries
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 oz chopped white chocolate*
- 6 oz blackberries*
- Flakey salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and line the bottom with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix brown butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Try to not over mix!
- Dust blackberries with a tiny bit of flour to prevent them from sinking in the batter.
- Gently fold in white chocolate and berries.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and spread the batter out evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the blondies are golden brown and have puffed up nicely.**
- Sprinkle with flake salt if desired.
- Let cool completely in the pan, then cut into bars.
*Save a few blackberries and a couple chunks of chocolate to stud the top of the blondies, if desired **Time will vary on oven, but you want the blondies to be puffed and set, but not over baked.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!