Blackened Cauliflower with Green Tahini
- Baking sheets
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 2 small heads of cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Olive oil to coat
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeño chopped (seeds removed if you don’t want it to be too spicy!)
- 1 clove of garlic smashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, coriander, and cayenne until combined.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl and coat with olive oil. Drizzle with maple syrup. Add in all the seasoning and toss to coat the cauliflower in the oil and spices.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-35 minutes until golden and a bit charred.*
- While cauliflower roasts, make the sauce. Add all ingredients for the green tahini to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste cauliflower when it comes out of the oven to see if it needs a sprinkling of salt.
- Serve cauliflower topped with green tahini, sesame seeds, and pomegranate.
*You can even place the cauliflower under the broiler once its cooked to get more of a golden char!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!