Broccoli Avocado Toast
Makes 1 toast
- Medium skillet
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Half of an avocado
- 1 small broccoli crown chopped into bite size florets
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp red chili flake
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- ½ lemon
- Honey to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and toast bread on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more oil if necessary and char broccoli in pan. Add water and cover to steam broccoli, about 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and add garlic. Cook until garlic is aromatic. Season to taste with salt.
- Add parsley and chili flakes.
- Mash avocado onto toasted bread. Squeeze 1/2 a lemon on the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon broccoli onto toast and drizzle with honey to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!