Broccoli Basil Pasta
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2-4 anchovy filets
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 medium heads broccoli crowns cut into florets
- 1 cup grated pecorino or parmesan
- 1 pound short cut pasta of choice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Fresh basil for serving
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil for cooking the pasta and broccoli.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, anchovies, and onions. Cook until softened and anchovies melt into the oil.
- Add wine to deglaze pan. Reduce until almost dry. Add pepper flakes. Keep pan on low while you cook pasta.
- Heavily salt the boiling water.
- Drop in pasta and broccoli. Cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add pasta water and grated cheese. Cook until the sauce, pasta and cheese become one. Add as much pasta water as necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!