Caesar Potato Salad
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 24 oz cooked baby potatoes cooled completely and halved
- 1 clove of garlic smashed
- 4 anchovies
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of one lemon**
- 1 tsp dijon
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large romaine heart cleaned in ice water and dried
- Begin by preparing the parmesan crisps. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a small sheet tray with a silicone mat or parchment.
- Add parmesan cheese to the tray and sprinkle with a bit of paprika and black pepper. Spread out cheese into an even layer.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes until golden and crispy looking. It may seem a little pliable when you remove it from the oven, but it will crisp as it cools. Set aside to cool completely.
- Next, prepare the dressing. Blend garlic, anchovies, lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon, Worcestershire, egg yolk, olive oil, and canola oil until emulsified. Stir in parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Add potatoes and romaine to a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crushed parmesan crisps just before serving.
*You can either gently boil or steam your potatoes, whichever you prefer. Just be sure to cook them until they are just tender. If you over cook them, they tend to get mushy and broken apart in the salad. **Taste the dressing when it’s completed, and add more lemon juice if desired! Just depends how acidic you want it to be 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!