Calabrian Chili and Caper Aioli
Makes about 1 cup
- Jar or quart container
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- Calabrian chilis minced (add to taste, I used 10 small ones)
- 2 Tbsp capers minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Add egg, garlic, dijon, and lemon juice to high sided container (like a jar or quart container). Blend until smooth using an immersion blender.
- With the blender running, slowly stream in both oils to create a smooth emulsion.
- Stir in chilis and capers. Season with salt to taste.
*You can also make this by hand using a whisk. It will just take a little bit longer 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!