Calabrian Chili and Fried Garlic Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 deviled eggs
- 1 Small pot
- 1 Fine mesh sieve
- 1 piping bag or ziplock bag
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- Olive oil for frying
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chopped Calabrian chilies or to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Aleppo pepper or smoked paprika for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- EVOO for garnish
- Add olive oil and garlic to a small pan over medium low heat. Fry garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is pale golden (careful not to overcook!). Remove to a paper towel lined plate and season with a little pinch of salt. Set fried garlic aside to cool. Save garlic oil for future cooking, it’s so flavorful!
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and carefully scoop out the yolks into a fine mesh sieve.
- Press the yolks through the sieve into a bowl. Add in mayo, lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon, and smoked paprika.
- Finely mince fried garlic (reserving a few pieces for garnish). Fold garlic and Calabrian chiles into the yolk mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully rinse the egg whites and dry with a paper towel to remove any extraneous egg yolk bits.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag, or ziplock bag.
- Pipe filling into egg whites. You can make these ahead up to this point and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with remaining fried garlic, Aleppo pepper, chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!