Celery Date Chicken Salad
- Large Bowl
- 1 whole roasted or rotisserie chicken shredded (not too shredded! I like to keep it chunky)
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped and rinsed in cold water
- 2 large celery stalks sliced (celery leaves reserved)
- 4 medijool dates chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup roughly torn dill
- ½ cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp of any light vinegar of choice (I used celery vinegar but rice or white wine vinegar works too! Or even more lemon juice!)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Add everything to a large bowl and gently mix to combine. You want to combine everything without breaking up the chicken too much.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least an hour. Serve as a sandwich, with crackers or however you’d like 🙂 I like to top it with some celery leaves and fresh pepper as well!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!