Charred Pickled Red Onions
- Large cast iron
- Heavy skillet (or something similar)
- Mason jar or any container
- Measuring cup
- 2 large red onions I had small ones so I used 4, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 ½ cups white vinegar rice vinegar, apple cider, or white wine vinegar also work!
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 dried chili or a dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed
- Heat a large cast iron over high heat and let preheat until smoking. Add in onions and place another heavy skillet (or something similar) on the top of the onions to weigh down. Cook until charred on one side, 3-5 minutes.
- Place onions in a mason jar, or any container you’d like. Add in garlic and chili.
- In a measuring cup, mix vinegar, honey, and salt until salt is dissolved and honey is incorporated.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and close the mason jar.
- Refrigerate at least overnight before enjoying. These are good on everythingggggg.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!