Chili Tomato Butter Grilled Shrimp
- Wooden skewers
- 4 oz salted butter very soft
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp chopped calabrian chilis depending how spicy you like it
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic finely grated
- 2 lemons zested and then cut into wedges for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, tails kept on
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix butter, tomato paste, Calabrian chilis, smoked paprika, garlic, lemon zest, basil, parsley and black pepper until smooth. Set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat grill.
- Skewer shrimp through pre soaked skewers. Drizzle shrimp with olive oil, and season with a touch of salt and pepper all over.
- Once the grill is hot, add shrimp. Grill on one side until grill marks have developed and the shrimp releases from the grill. Flip and cook on the second side until cooked through.
- Immediately, when the shrimp is fresh off the grill, brush all over with the softened butter mixture.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
tasted great, however u15 means there are 15 shrimp on average per pound. u50-60 means the shrimp are tiny at 50-60 per pound = 3 shrimp per ounce, U6 are monsters at almost 3 ounces each.
Just made these last night, excellent recipe! The chili tomato butter is delicious and I found I only needed half of it for this recipe. Looking forward to trying it with others things off the grill.