- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped
- ½ head of radicchio chopped (you can also do red cabbage if you don’t like bitter greens)
- ½ small red onion diced and rinsed under cold water
- ½ large english cucumber diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 4 oz hard salami diced
- 4 oz sliced mild provolone diced
- Pepperoncini sliced (as many as you’d like)
- 4 oz ditalini cooked and rinsed under cold water to cool
- Croutons of choice for serving
- Fresh basil leaves torn, for serving
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or red wine vinegar I prefer rice vinegar in this even though in the video all I had was red wine haha!
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino romano plus more for serving
- Place everything for the salad in a large bowl, except the croutons and basil. Refrigerate while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano until combined. Slowly stream in olive oil. Stir in pecorino.
- Toss salad with dressing. Taste for seasoning. Add more salt, pepper, vinegar and or oil if needed.
- Serve salad topped with croutons, more pecorino, fresh black pepper and basil leaves. YUM!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!