Creamy Lemon Orzo
Serves 2-3 (can be doubled!)
- Large skillet
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ lb. orzo
- 3 cups chicken stock you can also do veggie!
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup finely grated pecorino romano plus more for serving
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup mascarpone cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper for serving
- Extra virgin olive oil for serving
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add in garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add in orzo and stir to coat.
- Add in about 1/3 of the chicken stock and cook over medium low heat, stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat this process until the pasta is al dente and there is a bit of liquid remaining in the pan. You want to maintain a simmer (not a full boil) through this process so that the pasta cooks gently and all the liquid doesn’t cook off without the pasta being able to absorb it and cook through.
- Season with a touch of salt.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in pecorino, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter and mascarpone.
- Season with more salt if needed.
- Garnish with more pecorino, lemon zest, black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!