Crispy Skin Salmon with Herb Sauce
- Large skillet
- Small Bowl
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 skin on salmon filets
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp capers chopped
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pat salmon skin completely dry.
- Season both sides with salt.
- Add canola oil to a large skillet. (don’t turn on the pan quite yet!)
- Add salmon to cold pan skin side down.
- Turn pan on medium low and let salmon cook undisturbed. This will take about 15-20 minutes to cook on this side on such a low heat. You will know when it’s ready to flip because the salmon will release itself from the pan. Don’t force it!
- While salmon cooks, prepare the herb sauce. In a small bowl, mix herbs, capers, garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and pepper flakes. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Once salmon releases from the pan, carefully flip and cook for just about 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve salmon with dill herb sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!