Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Pecorino, Tahini and Mint
- Large pot
- Large sheet tray
- Small Bowl
- Serving platter
- 1 ½ lbs. baby gold potatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino romano plus more for serving
- 1 lemon zested and juiced, plus more zest for serving
- ¼ cup cold water*
- 1 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves torn
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to simmer. Season water heavily with salt. Cook potatoes until just fork tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place potatoes on a large sheet tray and smash slightly with the bottom of a cup.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Remove potatoes from oven and carefully flip over. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- While potatoes roast, make the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, mix tahini, pecorino, lemon juice, zest, water, and honey until smooth and drizzle-able. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once potatoes are done, transfer to a serving platter and top with tahini sauce, pecorino, lemon zest, black pepper and fresh mint.
*May need to add more water depending on how thick your tahini is 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!