Fall Quinoa Salad with Golden Beets and Kale
Serves 8-10 (makes a lot! but a nice meal prep salad too!)
- Sheet tray
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 4 medium golden beets
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch tuscan kale stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa cooled
- 2 asian pears diced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese plus more for serving
- ⅓ cup roasted sunflower seeds plus more for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tsp freshly grated ginger depending how gingery you’d like it
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a sheet tray with foil and place whole beets on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place another piece of foil on top and crimp both sheets together to make a foil pouch.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until beets are tender (you can check by piercing the beet though the foil packet with a fork)
- Carefully open up foil packet (there will be steam!) and let beets cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk ginger, dijon, maple, tahini, and rice vinegar. Slowly stream in olive oil to emulsify into the dressing. Whisk in salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once beets are cool, peel off skin and cut into random small chunks. Set aside.
- Add kale to a large bowl. Add a small drizzle of dressing and massage the kale to soften slightly.
- Add quinoa, pears, feta, sunflower seeds, dill and parsley to the bowl with the massaged kale. Add in cooled beets.
- Pour in dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve topped with more feta, and sunflower seeds.
- This salad holds up great in the fridge too!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!