Green Alfredo Pasta
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup parsley packed
- 1 cup basil packed
- ½ stick 1/4 cup unsalted cold butter cut into 4 chunks
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano
- 1 pound desired short cut pasta
- 1 lemon zested
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, heavily salt water and add spinach, basil, and parsley.
- Boil for 30 seconds, just until wilted.
- Strain out greens, and shock in ice water. (make sure you don’t drain out the boiling water! you will cook the pasta in the same water.)
- Squeeze out any excess water out of the greens. Chop roughy.
- Blend greens with 1 Tbsp olive oil and enough cold water to puree until smooth.
- Drop pasta into the same boiling water that you cooked the greens in. Cook to al dente.
- Meanwhile as the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add garlic to pan and sweat until aromatic about 1 minute.
- Add in about 1 cup of pasta water to the pan with the garlic.
- Add 1 Tbsp of cold butter to the pan at a time, stirring until melted before adding the next addition.
- Add grated cheese, and stir constantly until fully melted and sauce is creamy.
- Drain pasta, and add to sauce. Stir in green puree.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lemon zest and more pepper. yay!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!