This is my favorite green sauce to have on hand in my fridge. It’s super versatile and makes whatever you put it on taste really fresh, vibrant and delicious.
This is my favorite green sauce to have on hand in my fridge. It's super versatile and makes whatever you put it on taste really fresh, vibrant and delicious. Makes about 2 cups
- Small pot
- 1 bunch cilantro mainly the leaves, and just some of the stem
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 2 scallions roughly chopped
- 1 serrano roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water plus more as needed
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl with an ice bath.
- Season the boiling water with salt.
- Add cilantro and spinach to the boiling water and blanch for 30 seconds. Immediately transfer to the ice bath to shock.
- Squeeze out all the excess moisture in the cilantro and spinach, roughly chop, and add to a blender.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until very smooth. Add more water if needed to reach your desired consistency. Season with more salt if needed.
- Store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!