Jam and Cheese Puff Pastry Danish
Makes 12 danish
- Small Bowl
- Piping bag or ziplock bag
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar plus more for dusting
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 egg yolks divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 sheets puff pastry defrosted (or make this homemade rough puff pastry!)
- Any jam/preserves you’d like i used plum, raspberry, and orange!
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whip cream cheese and 1 egg yolk until combined. Add in powdered sugar, honey, salt and vanilla. Whip until fully incorporated. Transfer to a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Mix 2 egg yolks with cream to make an egg wash.
- Working with one sheet of puff pastry at a time, cut into 6 equal squares. The more perfect the squares are, the easier it will be to shape the danish. Measure with a ruler if you’d like!
- Fold each square in half to form and triangle and make two cuts on each side (see video!).
- Unfold the square and brush all over with egg wash. The cuts will have created two flaps on each side of the danish. Fold each flap over to the opposite side to create a nice twisted diamond shape (see video).
- Pipe cream cheese filling into the center of each pastry.
- Add about 1 tsp of desired jam on top of the cream cheese. Egg wash the sides.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden.
- While the first batch bakes, repeat the forming process with the second sheet of dough and bake as directed.
- Once all danishes are cooled, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
*You can also prep these a day ahead all the way up to step 7. Then the morning of, top with jam, eggs wash and bake!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!