Leeky Beans on Toast
Makes enough beans for 2 toasts*
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 medium leeks cleaned and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2-3 anchovies
- 1 16 oz can butter beans drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil for coating the pan
- 2 slices sourdough toast
- 2 fried eggs
- Chili crisp for serving
- In a medium saute pan, heat butter until hot. Add in leeks and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add in anchovies and cook until they melt into the leek mixture.
- Add in beans and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until beans are hot and chicken stock has reduced a bit.
- Turn off heat and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Stir in herbs.
- Serve beans on toasted sourdough, topped with a fried egg and chili crisp.
*if making one serving, you can just save the remaining beans for another even quicker meal!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!