Miso Blood Orange Cranberry Sauce
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- Small sauce pot
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 blood oranges zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- Add sugar, maple, water, orange juice, zest, and ginger to a small sauce pot. Bring to a simmer and cook to dissolve the sugar, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in cranberries, and bring to simmer. Cook on low, stirring often, until the cranberries have popped and mixture is bubbly and thickened, about 20 minutes. Don’t rush this step because if you don’t cook it long enough in this step, the sauce could turn out runny and thin even after chilling.
- Turn off heat and thoroughly stir in miso. Transfer to an airtight container and chill. This will stay good in the fridge up to a week. You can also freeze this if made far ahead!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!