Olive Oil Almond Loaf Cake
Makes 1 loaf
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Wire rack
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed and leveled almond flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 Tbsp honey depending how sweet you like the whip cream
- Zest of 1/2 a grapefruit
- Pinch of Salt
- Grapefruit segments drizzled with a touch of honey and EVOO for serving*
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk almond flour, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until combined and there are no more almond flour lumps. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla and almond extract until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, until golden and when gently pressed springs back.**
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the loaf cools, prepare the whip cream. Add heavy cream, honey, grapefruit zest, and salt to a medium bowl. Whip to medium peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve cake with whip cream and dressed grapefruit segments.
*You can serve this cake with whatever fruit you’d like 🙂 **Testing this with the toothpick method isn’t the best for this cake. It can come out deceivingly clean, while the cake is still underbaked. You want to make sure the middle seems springy when gently pressed with your finger.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!