Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
- Parchment paper
- Sheet trays
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt 4g*
- 1 – 4 oz bar milk chocolate chopped into chunks, plus more for topping each cookie
- 1 – 4 oz semi sweet chocolate bar chopped into chunks, plus more for topping each cookie
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Flake salt for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Add in olive oil and both sugars to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, whisking to fully incorporate after each egg. Stir in vanilla and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, oat flour, baking soda, and kosher salt until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Fold in both chocolates, walnuts and pine nuts.
- Let dough rest 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll dough into about 1” balls. Place a few chunks of each chocolate on top of each cookie, without pushing the cookie down too much, if desired.
- Space out cookies evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until lightly golden on the edges, but still chewy in the middle. Careful not to over bake, as the cookies will not be chewy once cooled if overcooked.
- Sprinkle with flake salt if desired.
- Let cookies cool on the tray for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
*If using a different salt, the measurement will not be the same as the recipe. This measurement is for diamond crystal kosher salt. If using another type of salt, use the weight measurement (4g).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!