Olive Oil Pine Nut Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Wire rack
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Demerara sugar optional
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs and sugars until lighter in color and mixture thickens slightly. This should only take a couple minutes whisking my hand.
- While whisking, slowly stream in olive oil. Mix in vanilla and grated zucchini.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in pine nuts and chocolate chips to coat in the flour mixture.
- Gently stir dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Be careful no to over mix.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar, if using.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clan.
- Let loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.*
*You can also eat it warm if you aren’t too concerned with getting a perfect slice! It’s also great toasted in a bit of butter the next day! Even better served warm with some vanilla ice cream as a fun dessert 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!