One Pan Harissa Salmon and Couscous
Makes 4 servings
- Blender or hand blender
- 10-12“ inch skillet
- 1 roasted red pepper peeled and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced (plus more wedges for serving)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 salmon filets about 1-1.5 inch thick, 6oz each
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger finely grated
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- a handful of your favorite green olives coarsely chopped
- flaky salt for serving
- Place rack in the top third of oven and preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Blend all ingredients for harissa using a blender or hand blender, until smooth.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush top and sides of salmon filets with harissa. Place salmon in fridge while you start the couscous.
- Heat oil and butter in a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat, until hot.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and saute until soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add couscous and toast slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock, raisins and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil and place seasoned salmon filets on top.
- Place pan in the preheated oven and bake until salmon and couscous are cooked, about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, and carefully remove salmon from pan.
- Stir in parsley, dill, and olives. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing and a sprinkle of flaky salt if desired.
**Harissa can be made ahead! Extra harissa can be saved and used for other uses (make sure to not contaminate the whole batch while brushing on salmon)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!