One Pan Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Orzo
Makes 2-4 Servings (depending how hungry you are lol)
- Oven-proof skillet
- 4 skin on bone in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 10 oz mushrooms of choice cremini, shiitake etc., sliced
- 4 cloves garlic slices
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear thighs skin side down until deeply golden, about 8-9 minutes.
- Flip chicken and sear until brown on second side, about 2 minutes.
- Remove thighs to a plate and set aside.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a slight simmer. Stir in orzo.
- Return chicken thighs to skillet, skin side up.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until orzo and chicken are cooked.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer thighs to a plate.
- Stir in mascarpone, chopped herbs, sun-dried tomatoes and lemon zest.
- Season orzo with additional salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!