Pecorino Calabrian Chili Butter
Makes about 3/4 cup of butter (can be doubled)
- Small saute pan
- Food processor
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 stick 4 oz unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino romano
- 4-5 Calabrian chilies the ones packed in oil
- 1 Tbsp Calabrian chili oil from the jar the chilies come in
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and heat until hot. Add in shallots and garlic and sweat until tender.
- In a food processor, add butter, pecorino, chilis, chili oil, paprika, salt, pepper, along with shallot/garlic mixture.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy on bread or toast, in pasta, or with anything you’d like!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!