Pumpkin Spice Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- 2 sticks 8 oz unsalted butter browned
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup heaping caramel chips* (I got mine at Trader Joe’s, but Hershey’s makes one too!)
- ½ cup heaping semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Flakey salt optional
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl (it can be warm still). Whisk in sugar, brown sugar and pumpkin.
- Whip in eggs mixing vigorously to insure they don’t cook in the warm butter.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and stir to combine.
- Fold in oats, caramel chips and chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. **
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line sheet trays with parchment.
- Shape dough into 1” balls and place on the baking sheets, evenly spread out. You can add a couple of each of the chips to the top of the cookies if desired.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden around the edges and cookies have puffed up a bit in the center. Try not to over bake! A nice gooey center is yummyyyyyy.
- Sprinkle with flakey salt if using.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely, or eat them warm 🙂
- Repeat baking process with all remaining dough.
*Butterscotch chips would be good too! **The dough will seem sticky! You can also freeze the dough for later use!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!