Radicchio Steak Salad
- Large Bowl
- Cast iron pan
- 1 8 oz steak of choice (I used a delmonico here), brought to room temperature
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio quartered, cored, and leaves separated
- 2 Belgian endive leaves separated
- A handful cilantro leaves
- A handful fresh dill
- Small bunch of chives cut into 1 inch pieces
- Neutral oil for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic smashed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2-3 clementines peeled and cut into chunks
Ginger Cilantro Dressing
- 1 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro stems and all, chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 thai chili
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ⅓ cup neutral oil
- Season steak all over with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temp, while you prepare the dressing and the salad.
- For the dressing, add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- For the salad, to a large bowl add radicchio, endive, cilantro leaves, dill and chives. Set aside in the fridge.
- Heat a cast iron pan, until hot and add oil to coat. Add steak and sear on both sides. Add in butter and garlic, and baste the steak until it reaches your desired doneness. Let steak rest at least 5 minutes.
- While steak rests, dress the salad with lemon, a small touch of oil, and a bit of salt. Add in clementines.
- Slice steak, served with the salad on the side, and everything topped with the ginger dressing. I love eating this kinda like lettuce wraps, and rice is great on the side too!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Delicious! My 10 year old son love this. This has been a menu on repeat every month in our kitchen. Thank you for sharing this hearty recipe dear Hailee!