Egg, Rice and Chinese Sausage
- Rice cooker
- Small Bowl
- 1 cup short grain or jasmine rice I used short grain
- Required amount of water depending on what rice you use
- 3 Chinese sausage links sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce depending on how salty you like
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 vine ripe tomato chopped
- Flake salt
- Add rice to the rice cooker and wash rice until water runs clear. Add water and sausage and set rice cooker to on.
- While rice cooks, in a small bowl, mix soy sauce, Shaoxing, oyster sauce and honey until combined.
- Once rice is done, quickly open the cooker and evenly pour egg all over the top of the rice. Immediately cover the rice cooker to trap the heat. Let the eggs cook in the residual heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Once eggs are cooked, gently stir to break up eggs and mix into the rice. Next, gently stir in the sauce, scallions and peas.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with flake salt and serve tomatoes over the rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!