Roasted Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- Small Bowl
- 9×13” baking dish
- ½ cup lemon juice from about 4 lemons
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp salt*
- 8 cloves garlic grated
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes cut into large wedges
- 1 4-5 lb whole chicken cut into 2 halves**
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, garlic, oregano and black pepper.
- Add potatoes to a 9×13” baking dish and pour half of the lemon olive oil mixture over. Toss to coat.
- Add chicken halves on top of potatoes and pour remainder of mixture over chicken. Rub all over chicken.
- Pour chicken stock around chicken and on potatoes.
- Transfer dish to preheated oven and cook until chicken is golden and cooked through, about 55-60 minutes. (breast should read 160-165ºF on an instant read thermometer)
- Remove chicken halves from pan and set aside to rest. Turn broiler on to high and place dish with potatoes under broiler and cook until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Top potatoes with parsley and dill.
- Serve chicken with potatoes and pan juices. The pan juices are so good in this don’t skip them!
*This may seem like a lot of salt but trust me you need it for all the potatoes and chicken 🙂 **Cut your whole chicken into halves by removing the black bone with kitchen shears. Next, with the chicken skin side up, score down the breast bone. Cut all the way down through the breast bone to separate into two halves. (some stores sell chicken halves! you can also ask your butcher to do this for you!)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!