Roasted Lemon Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Small Bowl
- 9×13” baking dish
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice from about 4 lemons
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp 12g diamond crystal kosher salt *
- 6 cloves garlic grated
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes scrubbed clean and cut into large wedges
- 6 bone in skin on chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, garlic, oregano and black pepper.
- Add potatoes to a 9×13” baking dish and pour half of the lemon olive oil mixture over. Toss to coat.
- Add chicken thighs on top of potatoes and pour the remainder of the mixture over the chicken. Rub mixture all over.
- Pour chicken stock around the chicken and over the potatoes.
- Bake until chicken is deep golden and cooked through, about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from pan and set aside to rest. Turn broiler on to high and broil potatoes until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Top potatoes with parsley and dill.
- Serve chicken with potatoes and pan juices. The pan juices are so good in this don’t skip them!
*If you don’t have diamond crystal kosher salt, use the weight measurement for the salt, as 4 tsp of Morton kosher salt will yield a much different (too salty) result.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Great recipe. I did add a few more spices (rosemary and grated ginger) Will be making again.