Roasted Potatoes Wedges with Jalapeño Aioli
Makes 4 servings
- Large pot
- Blender (or immersion blender)
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes scrubbed clean
- Kosher salt to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Lime wedges and cilantro leaves for serving
- In a large pot, add potatoes and cover with cold water. Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Heavily salt the water and reduce heat to medium to maintain a simmer. Simmer until potatoes are just tender. Start checking them after 20 minutes with a fork for tenderness.
- Once just tender, remove potatoes from water. Let cool until able to handle.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and place on baking sheet.
- Gently toss with olive oil, kosher salt to taste, paprika, and black pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until deep golden brown.
- While potatoes bake, make the aioli.
- Using a blender (or immersion blender), blend jalapeños, scallion, egg, vinegar, fish sauce and salt until smooth. With blender running, slowly stream in oil to create an emulsion. Transfer to a squeeze bottle if desired.
- Season wedges with more salt if desired. Serve wedges drizzled with aioli, a squeeze of lime and cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!