Sesame Seed Crackers
- Medium bowl
- Pasta roller or rolling pin
- Sheet tray
- Parchment paper
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup semolina
- 1 tsp yeast
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1-3 Tbsp cold water
- Olive oil
- Spray bottle with water
- Sesame seeds black pepper, flake salt
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, semolina, yeast and salt until combined.
- Cut butter into the flour mixture with a fork. Next, mix in the egg.
- Add water, 1 Tbsp at a time, until dough just comes together when pressed in your hands.
- Turn out shaggy dough onto the counter and knead until a dough forms, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover with plastic and let rest at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Roll out dough using a pasta roller or by hand with a rolling pin. (lightly dust surface with semolina if rolling out on the counter) You want to roll the cracker out as thin as you can.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment, and grease lightly with olive oil.
- Lay out cracker sheets on the oiled tray and spray with water. Top with lots of sesame seeds, pepper and just a touch of flake salt. Prick all over with a fork.
- Place another sheet of parchment on top of the crackers and top with another baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes with the crackers covered. Remove top sheet tray and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until crackers are crisp and golden.
- Let cool, break into pieces and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!