Shaved Vegetable Salad
Inspired by a salad I had at Au Cheval!
- Large Bowl
- Small jar
- 5 cups thinly sliced raw vegetables of choice I used candy cane beets, carrots, a mixture of radishes, fennel, and kohlrabi*
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh mint torn
- Small handful fresh dill torn
- ½ small shallot minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Crumbled blue cheese for serving
- Place all shaved veggies, apple and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a small jar, shake shallots, honey, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until emulsified. (or whisk together in a small bowl)
- Pour dressing over shaved veggies and toss to coat. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with crumbled blue cheese and a drizzle of olive oil on top. Fresh and delish!
*A mandolin is best for this recipe! You can use any sturdy veggies you’d like in this. Its fun to use a mix of colors 🙂 You can also dunk the shaved veggies in an ice bath to get them super crispy! Just fully dry before mixing with dressing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!