Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 5 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 2-4 Calabrian chiles chopped
- 1 pound linguine
- ½ cup chopped parsley plus more for serving
- 1 lemon juiced (more wedges for serving, if desired)
- Sourdough breadcrumbs for serving if desired
- Place a large pot of water over high heat for boiling the pasta.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until shrimp just turn pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium, and add 2 Tbsp butter to the pan.
- Add garlic and cook until lightly golden.
- Add in onion and cook, stirring until softened.
- Deglaze with with wine, and cook about 1 minute.
- Add in chopped Calabrian chiles and simmer on low while pasta cooks.
- Heavily salt the boiling pasta water and drop in linguine. Cook to al dente. (Add in some pasta water to pan sauce as linguine cooks.)
- Transfer pasta to pan along with lemon juice, and the remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped parsley and cooked shrimp to reheat.
- Top pasta with breadcrumbs and more chopped parsley, if desired.
**Sourdough breadcrumbs can be made by drying out sourdough bread in the oven and pulsing in a food processor to make crumbs. Toast them in a pan with a bit of butter and they are ready! You can also toast panko in a pan with butter as an alternative 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!