Spicy Anchovy Bread Dipping Oil
Makes about 1/2 cup
- Small heatproof bowl
- 3-4 anchovies chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp chopped Calabrian chilis
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup finely grated pecorino romano
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a small heatproof bowl, add anchovies, garlic, lemon zest, and Calabrian chilis. Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil over medium low heat until hot, but not smoking!
- Carefully pour olive oil over the anchovy mixture and stir to melt the anchovies and combine all the ingredients.
- Let cool slightly and mix in parsley, pecorino, lemon juice and salt. Serve with choice of bread. I love it with this focaccia 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!