Spicy Shrimp Pasta with Pancetta
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- Small Bowl
- 4 oz pancetta diced
- 3 shallots minced
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 3-5 Calabrian chilis chopped*
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 28 oz can whole San Marzano tomatoes crushed by hand
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 lemon zested
- Olive oil
- 1 pound Paccheri pasta or rigatoni
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- While water boils, place a large skillet over medium heat and add pancetta. Cook until crispy and brown. If the pancetta isn’t releasing much fat, add a touch of olive oil to the pan.
- Once pancetta is crispy, add in shallots, garlic, and Calabrian chilis. Cook until shallots and garlic are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine, and let reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Add in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let sauce cook over medium low for 10 minutes.
- While sauce cooks, add parsley, and lemon zest to a small bowl. Add in enough olive oil to coat the parsley and make it a bit “saucey”. Season with a touch of salt.
- Once sauce has cooked for 10 minutes, heavily season the boiling water with salt. Drop in pasta and stir. Cook until al dente. Leave the tomato sauce on low throughout the pasta cooking process.
- Once pasta is about 3 minutes from being done, add shrimp to tomato sauce. Stir to coat in sauce.
- Once pasta is cooked, and shrimp is nearly done (its ok if its not fully cooked when adding pasta. it will continue to cook with the pasta), add pasta to the skillet.
- Add butter and a ladle of pasta water. Stir to melt butter and coat pasta in sauce. Add more pasta water as needed.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve topped with parsley lemon zest mixture. Delishhh
*You can sub red pepper flakes to desired spice level
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!