Spicy Smashed Cucumber Salad
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 8 mini cucumbers
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chili crisp
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds plus more for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Using the back of your knife, smash the cucumbers in the same fashion as you would for garlic. Place in a large bowl and add salt. Stir and let sit while you prepare the dressing.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chili crisp, brown sugar, and grated ginger.
- Add jalapeños, scallions and sesame seeds to the bowl with the cucumbers. Pour dressing over and toss.
- Serve immediately or allow to marinate in the fridge. It gets better as it sits! Garnish with cilantro leaves and more sesame seeds.
*Love eating this salad on top of white rice 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!