Makes about 12 muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 lemon zested
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup full fat greek yogurt room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ⅛ tsp pure almond extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries
- Demerara Sugar for topping
- Salted butter for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, poppyseeds, lemon zest, and salt.
- In another small bowl whisk eggs, honey, yogurt, oil, vanilla and almond extract until smooth.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups up about ⅔ of the way.
- Generously sprinkle with demerara.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok!)
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy! I love them slightly warm with salted butter too!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!