Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Makes about 1 quart of jam
- Large pot
- 1 lb strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 lb rhubarb about 3 large stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into a large pot.
- Turn heat to medium and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 217ºF, is thick and is reduced by about half. This should take about 1 hour. Don’t forget to stir often, as the jam could scorch on the bottom. *
- After cooking, if there is any foam on the top of the jam, skim that off. Let jam cool a bit before storing in your desired container. This can last in your fridge for at least 2 months. (although I have definitely saved it longer and its still delish!)
*If you don’t have a thermometer, place a small plate in the freezer. Once the jam has been cooking for 1 hour, add a small dollop of the jam onto the frozen plate. Let the jam sit on the plate for about 2 minutes and then run your finger through it. If the mixture stays separated you know its good to go!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!