Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber with Tajín and Queso Fresco
Makes about 4 cups
- Large Bowl
- ½ small red onion minced and rinsed under cold water
- 2 small seedless cucumbers diced small (or 1/4 of a large seedless cucumber)
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 3 small vine ripe tomatoes seeded and diced small
- 1 large avocado diced small
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of a 1/2 lime more to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Queso fresco for serving
- Tajín for serving
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Gently mix everything together in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt. Top with queso fresco and tajín.
- Serve immediately with tortillas chips.*
*You don’t want to make this too far ahead. It is best eaten right after you make it! Fresh is best when it comes to this! If you have to make it a bit ahead, add the avocado right before serving, and season to taste with more salt and lime if needed 🙂 I wouldn’t recommend keeping it overnight and serving the next day. Fresh is best!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!