Turmeric Pickled Onions
Makes about 1 quart
- Large mason jar
- Small sauce pan
- 2 large sweet onions sliced (not too thin, not too thick)
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 fresh or dry Thai chili optional
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Place onions in a large mason jar or similar container.
- In a small sauce pan, heat vinegar, salt, sugar, chili, peppercorns, mustard seeds and turmeric until everything is dissolved.
- Pour liquid over onions. Let cool slightly before covering and placing them in the fridge.
- Let sit in the fridge at least 24 hours before enjoying 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!