Warm Tomato Basil Pasta Salad with Mozzarella and Arugula
Serves 4 as a side
- Large pot
- Large Bowl
- ½ lb. gemelli pasta
- 1 large heirloom tomato roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 clove of garlic finely grated
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup finely grated pecorino romano
- 2 large handfuls fresh torn basil leaves plus more for serving
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby arugula
- 4 oz fresh mini mozzarella halved
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and set aside to marinate while you cook the pasta.
- Once water is boiling, heavily season with salt. Drop in pasta and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Add pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes and stir. Mix in pecorino cheese. Add a drizzle more olive oil, salt and pepper if needed.
- Fold in basil and arugula.
- Serve topped with mozzarella and a drizzle more olive oil, more torn basil, and fresh black pepper if desired. Best served warm or room temperature 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!