- Medium bowl
- Large Bowl
- 8 oz chilean sea bass or halibut diced small (shrimp also works!)
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 3-4 limes juiced (enough to fully cover the raw fish)
- 1 ½ cups watermelon diced small
- ½ of an english cucumber diced small
- ¼ of a large jicama diced small (you can also use radishes instead!)
- 1 tomatillo diced small
- 1 habanero pepper seeded and minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado diced small
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Tortilla chips or tostadas for serving
- In a medium bowl, add fish, red onion, and lime juice to cover. Let marinate at least 45 minutes, or up to 2 hours. The longer you go the more firm the fish texture will be.
- Once fish is marinated to your liking, drain through a strainer and add to a new large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or on tostadas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!