Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Large Bowl
- Sheet tray with a wire rack
- 1 ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup hot sauce I like crystal, franks, siracha or texas pete for this!
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 cloves garlic grated
- 1-1 inch piece ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 4-6 pound whole chicken spatchcocked (see video!)
- Whisk all ingredients (except chicken), in a large bowl until smooth.
- Toss chicken in yogurt mixture, and let marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400ºF.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a lined sheet tray with a wire rack.
- Place in oven and bake until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast is 160ºF (it will rise to 165ºF while resting). This should take about 60-65 minutes. Check it every now and then and rotate the pan.
- Let chicken rest at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice! I also like a salad and some pickled red onions with this!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!