Brown Sugar Peach Dutch Baby
- 4 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup whole milk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe peaches sliced
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Salted butter for serving
- Maple syrup for serving if desired*
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt to a blender. Blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Stream in melted butter and blend to combine.
- Let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes.**
- While batter rests, preheat oven to 450F.
- Once batter has rested, add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and peaches to a 12 inch ovenproof skillet.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until sugar and butter have melted and mixture is bubbling, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until edges have puffed and the pancake is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately, slathered with salted butter, and drizzled with maple syrup, if desired
*I find the pancake to be delish served just with the powdered sugar and salted butter. But if you like it sweet, it’s also great with the maple on top! **You can prep the batter as early as the night ahead!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!