Roasted Honeynut Squash with Sweet and Salty Green Olive Topping
- 3 pounds honeynut squash seeds removed and quartered
- Olive oil for coating
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup hazelnuts roasted and roughly chopped**
- ⅓ cup chopped Castelvetrano olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup dried cherries chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ of an orange zested
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 425F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Generously coat squash in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast squash flesh side up for 35-45 minutes until soft and caramelized. You can also place them under the broiler for a few minutes once they are soft if you want more color on them.
- While the squash roasts, prepare the topping. Mix everything for the topping together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once squash is roasted, transfer to a serving platter, top with the olive/nut mix and serve.
*No need to peel as the skins are edible on honeynut squash! **I roast them at 425F for 10 minutes until golden and aromatic. Once they have cooled just a little, I rub them between two kitchen towels to remove some of their skin.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!