Makes 4-5 rolls *
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 4-6 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 ¼ lbs. medium shrimp peeled, devined, tails removed, and cut into small pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ¼ cup sliced fresh chives plus more for garnish
- 4-5 split top buns toasted in butter*
- Bibb lettuce for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Add butter, tarragon and garlic to a large skillet over low heat. Let butter melt, stirring occasionally. Cook on low to let all the flavors infuse into the butter, about 5 minutes. Careful not to brown the butter!
- Add in shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Let shrimp cook over low heat, stirring until shrimp are cooked. You want to do this slowly on low, so the shrimp cook gently in the butter.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, and discard the tarragon sprigs.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, and chives.
- Line the buttery toasted rolls with a bit of lettuce, and using a slotted spoon, fill with shrimp. Top with extra butter from the pan, more fresh chives, and lemon wedges on the side. Serve immediately after assembling.
*Depending how much shrimp you want to add to each roll
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!