Brown Butter Coconut Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 very ripe bananas riper the better!
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut cream thick cream part only
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar plus more for topping
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- butter or cooking spray
- unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes
- 1 banana peeled and halved, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium pan over medium-low heat, add butter and melt. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until butter has browned. Be careful not to burn the butter! Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mash the 3 very ripe bananas until smooth, but still slightly chunky.
- Add the browned butter (it will be warm still), coconut cream, and vanilla into the bowl with the bananas and mix until combined. Mix in both sugars.
- Whisk in one egg at a time, working quickly to incorporate, in case the butter mixture is still hot. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until just moistened. Be careful to not over-mix! A few lumps are ok.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the top all over with coconut flakes. Top with banana halves, if using.
- Sprinkle the banana with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes. A few moist crumbs are ok!
- Let cool in the pan 10 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!