Brown Butter Coconut Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, browned (can be warm still)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar plus more for topping
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- butter or cooking spray
- unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Mash 2 of the bananas until smooth in a large bowl. Cut the 3rd banana in half lengthwise.
- Add the browned butter into the bowl with the bananas and mix. Whisk in egg.
- Add both sugars, vanilla and coconut milk. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until just moistened. Be careful to not over mix!
- Line a loaf pan with parchment and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with banana halves and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Sprinkle the banana on top with a bit of brown sugar.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 60-80 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan 10 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!